The key to getting the most out of your investment is choosing the best broker for your interests. There are several mobile stock trading apps to choose from, but choosing the wrong stock app can automatically turn your online investing trading on the stock market journey from an exciting experience to a huge disappointment.
Investing in the UK is not difficult, but only if you have a reliable UK trading platform or better-trusted trading app. The mobile trading platforms available today offer more than a basic user interface. It’s as easy to use as desktop software and makes it easy to research, buy and sell stocks.
Whether you trade Blue Moon daily or just once, you will find something practical. Some apps allow you to follow seasoned traders and copy trades and strategies, as well as platforms that allow unrestricted access to US and other markets.
Investing in the UK is not that difficult if you can find a suitable online trading platform.But again, there are dozens of self-explanatory platforms. But with thousands of online trading platforms to choose from, how do you find the best trading app to meet all your needs? That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best stock trading apps for traders based in the UK.
In this guide, we’ve put together a list of the best stock trading apps available to UK residents. It also provides an analysis of what to look for in a stock-buying app and how to use it. Let’s find out what this stock trading app is without wasting time.
What is the mobile stock trading app?
The stock trading app lets you manage your finances and monitor the performance of your investments using just your phone or tablet.The stock trading application allows you to manage your account, perform both basic and advanced traders, and keep track of market movements.
Like cryptocurrency-to-crypto exchanges, these trading apps provide easy access to the stock market for beginners in the industry as they have a user-friendly interface that allows beginners and experts alike to start trading from scratch.Certain cryptocurrency exchanges like Binance already list stock-related tokens, but their offerings are much lower compared to traditional stock trading platforms.
eToro- Best stock trading app
eToro is undoubtedly one of the best stock trading apps in the UK. It is an interactive multi-asset broker that is beginner-friendly and allows users to trade various assets such as stocks, currencies, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and more.
eToro is the best UK stock trading app for ease of use. This interactive multi-asset broker allows you to trade almost any commodities you can think of from your phone, including stocks, currencies, cryptocurrencies, commodities, indices, and more. If you like cryptocurrencies, eToro also offers a cryptocurrency wallet app that you can use to store your coins.
This trading platform is best for beginners. With a carefully designed user interface, fast trade execution speed, and a list of trading tools, eToro can’t go wrong.The eToro trading app is available for Android and iOS devices. The trading platform works perfectly even in the web version.
- Easy access to crypto investments
- Social news feed with open business notifications
- A demo account is provided.
- Graphic business scenario
- Valuable free training in business skills is available.
- Tailored news service to fit your business needs
- Trade copy to track and copy professional traders and portfolios
- An intuitive and easy-to-use user interface is provided.
- A discussion forum is available.
- Advanced proprietary trading platform.
- It is regulated by several major financial regulators, including the FCA, CySEC, and ASIC.
- Limited access to technical indicators
- Lack of biometric registration
- Can’t access analytics reports
IG Stock trading app
IG is one of the most popular and trusted stock brokers that is founded in 1974. Best of all, IG has kept pace with the times and now has an easy-to-use app with lots of amazing features.
The platform gives you access to thousands of financial products including CFDs, options, margin betting, cryptocurrencies, stock trading, and more. The easy-to-use application interface helps you get your work done as quickly and smoothly as possible without breaking a sweat.
IG allows you to manage a diversified investment portfolio with 7 types of orders, with alerts to alert you to different market movements.Commercial applications are available for download on Android and iOS devices. However, the iOS version is better for Android users as it does not support deposit and withdrawal and real-time price notifications. The web version also works perfectly.
- Full-featured educational demo account setup
- Multiple options for business accounts
- Trade Alerts and Watchlists
- short IG
- Access to over 17,000 listed markets
- Access to multiple international markets including the USA, South Africa, France, and more
- Different kinds of orders and notifications
- Very intuitive
- Leverage and short selling
- Excellent research and analysis tool
- First-class customer service system
- The highly reliable trading application fully regulated by several major financial regulators
- User accounts not protected by two-factor authentication
- £250 minimum deposit
- It is not suitable for beginners as the various trading facilities, markets and tools can be very overwhelming for inexperienced users.
Interactive Brokers (IBKR) Stock trading app
Interactive Brokers (IBKR) is a stock trading application that provides direct access to US financial assets in the UK without the need to search for an international broker. With a full-featured user interface, this trading app provides the lowest-priced access to several international markets, including the US stock exchange.
IBKR has a variety of charting tools, trade alerts, and order types. It has a strong security system that surpasses other stock trading apps on the market. The research material is also top-notch, with all the basic information, analysis reports, and price breakdowns of any asset you wish to trade on the platform.
- Low transaction fees
- Excellent research tool
- Multiple account-based currencies
- Access to thousands of financial products including cryptocurrencies, stocks, and bonds.
- A two-factor authentication system is provided.
- Access to one of the best teaching and research tools.
- Access to the US stock market at a relatively low price
- Low transaction fees
- Clear and free trade reports
- Not suitable for beginners
- High inactivity rate
Plus500 Stock trading app
Plus500 is one of the best stock trading apps especially when it comes to contract for difference (CFD) trading. This allows you to actively participate in the global market. CFDs allow traders to make huge profits by predicting the price of an underlying asset whether the price rises or falls.
Plus500 is the best application for CFD trading as it has a very intuitive interface with a list of features to meet your trading needs. This application allows you to find what you need with the search option. You can then optimize your trading experience with the different available markets, limit, stop, and trailing stop orders.
Plus500 offers its own proprietary mobile trading platform that is clear, easy to use, and intuitive. This platform includes several useful technical analysis tools including basic charts, technical indicators, and custom price trade alerts that send notifications to the mobile platform.
You can open an account with Plus500 with a minimum deposit of £100, which is lower than the best offers of many other online brokers, and unlimited demos are also available. When it comes to security, Plus500 is licensed by the FCA, so you can rest assured that your mobile app is safe and your funds/mutual funds are protected. The parent company is also listed on the London Stock Exchange, making it a very reliable online broker.
This application allows you to automate tasks and stay in touch with market movements by configuring emails, SMS, and notifications to appear on your phone screen.The Plus500 stock trading app is now available for download on Android and iOS devices. The web version also works perfectly.
- Access to 24+ exchanges worldwide
- Access to a variety of fixed assets including cryptocurrencies, stocks, ETFs, indices, and more
- No fee is imposed
- Trader appraisal feature that allows you to see what assets and thoughts other traders are trading
- Easy-to-use application interface
- No Fees for Forex Trading Positions
- Zero transaction fees
- A significant number of trade warnings
- Trader sentiment function
- Highly regulated
- Lever device availability
- Plus500 is a highly secure business application with two-factor login and biometric authentication.
- Lack of advanced graphing and analysis tools
- Existing fixed assets cannot be used.
- You cannot own stocks directly, as they can only be traded through CFDs.
Capital.com is an easy-to-use trading application that is perfect for both beginners and experienced traders in the market. It has a simple and clear user interface that makes it easy to select stocks to trade.
Capital.com is also one of the best online trading platforms where you can trade CFDs safely without much loss as there are several tools to guide you on your investment journey. This trading app doesn’t charge any trading, deposit, and withdrawal fees as it makes money on sell/sell spreads.
A very intuitive interface with a list of technical indicators and alerts allows you to make sound trading decisions while using this application.Real-time data from the trading app and fast execution speed allow you to take full advantage of fast-changing stock movements.
Registering a Capital.com merchant account is easy and simple. A minimum deposit of £100 is required. This gives you access to very competitive spreads and fast order execution, as well as real-time updates on news and market events. In addition, interactive brokers do not charge any transaction fees or hidden fees such as deposit and withdrawal processing fees.
Capital.com Trading also provides real-time news and analytical reports on trading activity. Capital.com is an FCA licensed and reputable broker, so you can rest assured that our mobile app is secure. Capital.com also has a separate mobile app for equally impressive margin betting.
- Access to a variety of investment vehicles for trading with over 3,000 markets
- Very intuitive& user interface is provided.
- A demo account option is available.
- A very effective educational resource for CFD trading
- Low £20 Minimum Deposit for Business Apps
- Strict regulation by major financial regulators such as FCA, CySEC, and National Bank of Belarus
- 3,000+ assets to choose from
- Elegant App Design
- very educational video
- Sophisticated risk management tools such as price warning systems, limit or stop-loss orders, and protection against negative balances are used.
- 1:30 retail maximum leverage
- Not compatible with MT4 / MT5 trading platform
Forex Capital Markets (FXCM)
Forex Capital Markets (FXCM) is a great trading application that not only provides access to CFDs on several tradable assets but also allows you to engage in margin betting. With its intuitive interface design, FXCM allows you to distribute bets from the application without capital gains or stamp duty. It makes spread betting and CFD trading easy.FXCM is available for Android and iOS devices and is a free download.
FXCM offers a variety of trading tools including interactive candlesticks, bar and line charts, and integrated chart indicators. It also supports hedging and scalping, accepts Expert Advisors, and is MT4 compliant, which is especially useful when trading currencies. Other features of the mobile app include news feeds and educational resources such as free webinars and on-demand trading support from professional traders.
You can trade with 0% commission on the FXCM app and the spreads on various assets are competitive. This broker is FCA licensed and is a secure platform as it is a major shareholder of Jefferies Financial Group, one of the largest and most popular online brokers based in London.
- Real-time news and educational materials are provided.
- Access to a variety of assets such as stocks, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, and commodities.
- The full-featured demo account is available.
- Advanced research and trade tools are used.
- User-friendly interface design
- Zero transaction fees
- Great customer support system
- Excellent educational tool
- High fees for bank withdrawals
- High inactivity fees, up to £50 per month
- Not suitable for beginners
Fineco is another popular stock trading app with over 1 million users in Europe. The platform gives you access to an overwhelming selection of tradable assets, either CFDs or direct purchases.
With over 10,000 shares of stock on various exchanges in the US and UK, Fineco offers its clients a 0% commission on stock CFD trading. Fineco Bank charges relatively low fees and requires no minimum deposit to trade CFDs or stocks.
The Fineco Bank mobile app is designed to be easy to use. The interface allows you to check locations and enter new orders without any problems. However, this app offers few technical analysis features, so it may not be the best choice if you want to dig deeper into price movement analysis. Fineco Bank offers a very comprehensive trading platform called PowerDesk for this, but it is only available on desktop devices.
Fineco Bank is regulated by Italian banks and is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange. The broker offers excellent phone and email customer service, making it easy to contact you when you need help with your account.The Fineco Bank Stock Trading App is available for download on Android and iOS devices. However, the advanced features of this commercial application are only available in the web version.
- Proven track record
- Full-featured demo account
- Various tradable assets including stocks, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, and more
- No minimum deposit
- Personal savings account with tax-free investment.
- 10,000+ tradable assets
- No CFD trading fees for stocks
- Very intuitive user-interface
- A variety of research tools and personalized news feeds
- Excellent customer service
- High regulation
- Less technical analysis tools
- Cryptocurrency trading is not supported.
- Not suitable for advanced traders
Libertex is a zero margin stock trading app from one of the UK’s leading stockbrokers. Libertex provides access to several financial instruments including indices, stocks, commodities, and more.
Libertex allows retailers to leverage up to 1:30, while professional investors can benefit from higher leverage of up to 1:600.The Libertex stock trading app is fully functional and can be downloaded for both Android and iOS devices.
Multiple asset classes are accessible through a mobile app available for both Android and iOS phones. This includes indices such as the NASDAQ and FTSE 100, stocks and equities of leading stocks, commodities such as oil and gas, currencies, and light metals. We’ve also been fascinated by the fact that we don’t have to pay any spreads when transacting via our mobile app. Libertex operates a fee-based pricing model that starts at 0.03%. Specific commission rates vary depending on the account type and the asset being traded.
- Access to CFDs traded stocks, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, and more.
- Full £50,000 demo account to practice trading
- Access to multiple international actions
- Deposit money by credit or debit card
- Very low minimum deposit, only £8
- Many technical indicators
- Zero spreads for all asset classes
- High regulation
- Most versatile payment method.
- Relatively low commission rates
- There are only a few hundred tradable assets.
- Limited educational material.
This is a very popular high-performance commercial application due to its versatility. There are 3 separate mobile trading applications including AvaTrade GO, AvaTrade Options, and AvaTrade Social.
AvaTrade GO is the best mobile app and has an AvaProtect feature to get your money back on all lost trades. AvaTrade Options are suitable for traders who only want to trade options. This application allows you to trade options for more than 40 currency pairs. AvaTrade Social is a social application that allows you to connect with other traders and copy trading patterns.The AvaTrade app is available for Android and iOS devices.
AvaTrade Options is the best free trading app we know if you just want to trade options. This mobile app provides advanced charts with integrated real-time price and trade execution perfectly suited for mobile use. In addition to gold and silver, you can trade options on over 40 currency pairs, and there are also built-in auto chart trading signals for all currency pairs.
AvaTrade Social is a social application that allows you to connect with other trades, exchange ideas, and copy trades. This is great, but in an ideal world like eToro, it’s integrated into the native AvaTrade application.
- Autochartist Trading Signals for Forex
- Ava Protect Features
- Demo Account
- Access to a variety of assets including cryptocurrencies, currency options, stocks, and commodities.
- Very intuitive user interface
- Options trading
- High level
- Stocks cannot be purchased directly and can only be traded through CFDs.
- Relatively high spreads
This is one of the largest and most popular stock trading apps with many useful features. The customizable user interface layout makes Forex.com the number one choice among traders involved in forex and stock trading.
Forex.com is one of the largest MT4 brokers in the world and has the lowest trading fees. It offers active traders high leverage of up to 1:200 and pays no trading fees.The Forex.com application is available for download on both Android and iOS devices.
Forex.Com has become one of the largest, most popular, and highly regulated online trading platforms, and its mobile app has many useful features. It includes 14 chart types and advanced TradingView charts with over 65 technical indicators.
The Forex.com app also integrates with Reuters Live News so you can track the latest market trends while trading. Other useful features include a customizable dashboard and watchlist, intuitive trading tickets, and customizable price alerts.
In the UK, Forex.com mobile apps for iOS and Android apps are licensed and regulated by the FCA and CFTC in US. Signing up for the Forex.com app is simple and requires a minimum deposit of £50.
- Access to multiple investment vehicles including ETFs, commodities, cryptocurrencies, stocks, and more.
- Extensive research tools and trading indicators.
- Access to various global stock markets
- Customizable dashboards, intuitive business tickets, and watchlists.
- Access Reuters news to keep up with market movements.
- Access to one of the largest market assets
- Very intuitive user interface
- High leverage ratio
- Access to 65+ indicators and 14 trading charts
- No deposit and withdrawal fees
- High regulation
- High inactivity rate
How to opt for the best stock trading platform
Choosing the best stock broker in the UK can be quite a daunting task considering there are thousands of stock trading apps out there. However, to ensure that only the best trading apps are available, we have listed some key factors to consider when using a stock trading app.
Trading applications with hundreds of thousands of tradable stocks offer very low fees unless regulated by the necessary authorities, but they are not the best choice. Therefore, before opening a brokerage account in the UK, it is best to ensure that your stock application is approved to operate by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). For added protection, ensure that your business application is covered by a Financial Services Compensation Plan (FSCS) to provide a solid insurance policy for your business funds.
You need to make sure that the business application you are choosing is compatible with your device. It’s also best to make sure that a stock trading app that is compatible with your device’s operating model is right for you. Choosing an application that is not compatible with your device can make your shopping experience frustrating.
Trading stocks using a mobile app can be challenging, especially if you want to do technical analysis. Therefore, you need to ensure that the business application you choose provides a seamless business experience with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
The stock trading application you choose determines how many stocks you can trade and the markets you have access to. Most UK stock trading apps only have access to the UK stock market, including the London Stock Exchange.
However, if you want to explore other stock markets around the world, including the US stock market, South African, and Canadian stock market, your best bet is to find a stock trading app that gives you access to international markets.The best way to check this is to choose a stock trading app that has a demo account option that gives you an idea of the real trading experience. This is because most apps do not allow access to the underlying platform without funds in the account.
The best business apps provide highly efficient customer service that is always available to help. The most effective way is to use our live chat customer service where you can contact customer support and share your problem.
Fee & Commission
When using a particular stock trading app, you need to know what trading fees you are paying for. Choosing the application with the lowest commercial fees and fees does not always guarantee a good commercial application unless other requirements are met. So, take the time to ask questions and make an informed decision.
Finding the best business application is not an easy task. However, it is important to know what it takes to move effectively in the big financial markets. Applying the tips above in this article will help you find the perfect business app.